In no particular order. And, this is just the first installment.
1. All the kids walking in, 2 by 2, on the first day.
2. Catching kids’ eyes and smiling, then they shyly smile and quickly turn away.
3. Hearing the Red Group “play” the piano.
4. The Yellow Group doing weight-sharing in my jazz class, going both down to the floor and up to standing while back-to-back.
5. The Green Group teaching me “Capo”, the traditional Haitian social dance.
6. The Yellow Group teaching me a line dance.
7. Swing dancing with Olgens.
8. Teaching a jazz piano master class to the Fine Arts students. It definitely inspired me to play more!
9. The Red Group teaching me the body parts in Creole.
10. Hearing all the kids sing.